The warrior wife knows marriage is difficult, particularly if you don’t put the time & effort into building a strong foundation. It gets easier with time, but during the process of growing into mature, selfless spouses, marriage requires a will to fight for the union. Marriage is not for the weak-minded or soft-hearted. Marriage is for warriors. To be a Warrior-wife you must be willing to go to war for your marriage.
This doesn’t mean you are paranoid about something going wrong. What it means is that you take proactive steps to strengthen the marriage bond & protect your family from negative influences. So, if & when trouble comes, your marriage will withstand hard times.
Here are 10 ways I believe wives can be warriors for their marriages & families.
1) A PRAYER WARRIOR : a wife who knows the power of prayer. She intercedes for her husband & children. She doesn’t wait for hard times to pray; she prays in good times & in bad times. When her husband needs prayer, he asks his wife because he knows she has a deep relationship with God. Her prayers soothe and comfort her family. They rebuke evil and cast out negativity. They declare goodness & favor in their lives. Not only does she pray, but she also believes what she prays.
2) A WORSHIP WARRIOR: a wife who is not afraid to praise & worship God. She knows where her help comes from, & she expresses her gratefulness wherever & whenever the Spirit moves her. “Thank you, Lord,” is her praise song.
3) A WORD WARRIOR : a wife who uses her words to speak life & wisdom to her husband & children. She knows how to encourage herself & her family in the Lord. Her words heal, comfort & correct with love. On the other hand, she doesn’t hesitate to speak in defense of her family when others try to harm them. She knows her tongue is a mighty weapon, so she uses it wisely.
4) A MOTHER WARRIOR : A wife who doesn’t play when it comes to her children. She teaches them about God, about respect for themselves & about the importance of family. A mother-warrior believes her role as a mother is a divine responsibility & that God will hold her accountable for how she rears her children. As such, she does whatever it takes to make sure her children feel safe & loved; are fed & clothed; & are educated properly
5) A FINANCIAL WARRIOR : a wife who can take a few francs & make a meal that tastes like a million bucks. She doesn’t complain about what the family doesn’t have; instead, she knows how to make do with what they do have. She plans for rainy days & helps her husband provide for the family.
6) A DISCERNMENT WARRIOR : a wife with a sixth sense to see & feel what’s good & what’s bad for the marriage. Because she prays regularly & hears from God, she can sense when someone has malicious intentions towards her family or when someone is a genuine friend.
7) A HOUSEHOLD WARRIOR : a wife who protects the peace & sanctity of the home. She doesn’t allow negativity to infiltrate the home environment because she knows the home should be the safest place in the world for her family.
8) A SEXUAL WARRIOR : a wife who isn’t afraid to enjoy physical intimacy with her husband. She initiates sex & enjoys pleasing her husband. When the love life goes lacking or gets monotonous, she steps up to re-energize things.
9) A CONFIDENCE WARRIOR : a wife who makes her man feel like he can do anything he sets his mind to. She is a constant encourager who believes in her husband even when he doesn’t believe in himself.
10) A PURPOSE DRIVEN WARRIOR : a wife who knows that God has a purpose for her marriage. She’s willing to fight for it when others say she should give up. She partners with her husband to achieve their marriage & family goals. Her motto is “Let’s do this!”
I want to encourage you to embrace the warrior inside of you. As wives & future-wives, we don’t have to accept whatever life throws at us. God made us in His image, which means we have the power to create the marriages & lives we deserve and desire. Every woman has a warrior spirit on the inside of her. That’s why “a man who finds a good wife finds treasure”. Let’s go warriors.