“It is better to be single trusting God to be married than married and expecting to be single again”- Bishop Oyedepo
1) Don’t marry outside the will of God. God has a will and His will will not take you to where His grace will not be sufficient for you, Matthew 28:39
2) Don’t marry someone without a job, a liability, a NAF (No Future Ambition), lazy who doesn’t want to work and who doesn’t want to change. A woman who gets married to a jobless man becomes a second wife to hunger. People may sponsor your wedding but won’t sponsor your marriage. As faith without work is dead so is marriage without work is frustration, James 2:20, 1Timothy 5:8.
3) Never marry someone without character. Your marriage is your character, Proverbs 31:10. It is not beauty that sustains love but GOOD CHARACTER
4) Don’t marry someone with bad mentality about marriage and/or who is not willing to change. Always bent on his/her own way of doing things and hates correction. You will be a slave in such relationship.
5) Don’t marry someone who causes fear in your spirit, 1 John 4:18. If there is no peace in your spirit, RUN!!!
6) Never marry someone who is only interested in your waste, sex, color, money, status, beauty, handsomely, etc., 1 Corinthians 6:18. Marry someone who loves you for who you are. True love is not conditional
7) Never marry someone who double , triple, quadruple date. Except he leaves others to focus on you.
8) Never marry a non-believer, sinner or fake Christian, 2 Corinthians 6:14.
9) Don’t marry someone already married, Exodus 20:14. God did not bring eve and rosemary to Adam. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.
10) Don’t marry a wife beater, he/she who lacks self-control, hot-tempered. Except he/she changes/repents. He/she might assault you, Proverbs 2d:28.
Mind you, don’t say you will change or convert the person. It takes God to change a person.
Before you get married work on yourself