Many times, the reason why marriage or a relationship doesn’t work is because the two people in it are in different seasons.
1) One person can be in the season of building a family; the other person still in the season of having fun and doing things singles do. The two will clash
2) One person can be in the season of self growth after a season of self-awareness; the other person not yet even started the started the season of self-awareness, still experimenting jumping from one thing to another. The two will be disjointed
3) One person can be in the season of financial management, investing and saving for the future; the other one still in the season of spending spree, squandering money without thinking about tomorrow. The two will clash in money use
4) One person can be in the season of parenthood, eager to raise children; the other could be no where in the season of bringing up a child. The former will be more involved in parenting
5) One person can be in the season of spending more time at home, family first; the other might still be in the season of partying, friends first. There will be friction
6) One person can be in the season of pursuing greatness and purpose; the other can be in the season of maintaining status quo and being OK with current standards, no motivation for more. The former will feel inhibited, the latter will feel pressured
7) One person can be in the season of peace and less drama; the other can still be stuck in the season where shouting is common and arguing is the norm. Communication will suffer
8) One person can be in the season of walking in healing and wholeness from past trauma; the other might still be wounded, walking with pain and trauma from the past unattended to, no effort made to heal. The two might see things differently; wounded souls don’t see what healed souls see
9) One person can be in a new season focusing on the future letting go of past fights in the relationship/marriage; the other can be still deeply entrenched in an issue that was already resolved. This can lead to no progress
10) One person can be in the season of spiritual nourishment, yearning for worship, deeper connection with God and depth; the other can be in the season of religion, doing the bare minimum spiritually or nothing at all. The two will find it difficult to be together
Life is about seasons. Relationships and marriages work best when the two are in the same season and keep progressing to the next season together. How can two walk together unless they agree?
Are you in an opposing season from the one your partner is in?
If you are single, yes you are attracted to that person but are you two in the same season?